David Trubridge 31.5" Kina Pendant Light in White
Kina references the inner shell of the local salt water sea-urchin called kina in Māori. David saw a kina shell in Antarctica – an exquisite jewel sunk in a tiny hollow in the sea ice. The shell had absorbed enough warmth from the sun to melt the ice around it.
Wherever possible, all timber is from sustainably managed plantations in Australia, New Zealand, or the United States. Wood is left natural where appropriate, with natural non-toxic oils being used in place of harmful solvents. From a design point of view, the products use only the minimal amount of materials and are generated with a focus on longevity, rather than mimicking quick-moving trends.
- Designed by David Trubridge
- Year of design: 2005
- Fully assembled
- Recommended bulb is LED A19/G25
- UL Listed
- Made in New Zealand
- Care instructions: All wooden and/or polycarbonate lights are intended for use in dry interior conditions only and can be cleaned with a soft cloth dampened in warm soapy water when the light is switched off.
- Materials: Bamboo plywood, nylon fixings.
- Dimensions (Large): Overall: 31.5 in Dia x 14 in H
- Bulbs: 1 x 60W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 Incandescent lamp (not included)
- Listings: UL, cUL, CE, AS,/NZS, FSC